We’ve put together some notes for guests who are thinking of booking or have booked in 2020
Thinking of Booking?
- We are still leaving 1 full day (around 30 hours) between guests for biosecurity reasons, as of August 2020 onwards
- We will minimise interactions with guests, but as the flat is ancillary accommodation to our main home, so we feel that we should point out that the garden spaces are shared – you have a completely separate and private entrance
- We encourage all guests to make their own risk assessment, e.g. if they have a pre-existing condition or feeling unwell, are old or vulnerable, have been shielding, or perhaps work in a risk sector – we don’t want you to be anxious or worse ill during your stay
- We will give a 100% refund to anyone who books with us directly as of August 2020, minus the initial reservation fee, if they wish to cancel for pandemic reasons
- Otherwise our normal policy limits cancellations to 60 days before your stay.
- At the time of writing most bookings April to August 2020 were cancelled or rescheduled
- 50% rescheduled their stay to 2021
- 50% asked for refund immediately
- 50% of 2021 rescheduled bookings were cancelled
- Cancellation rate = 75%
Contact us at thegardenflatdunbar AT gmail DOT com