We’ve put together some notes for guests who are thinking of booking or have booked in 2020
Thinking of Booking?
- We are not able to take bookings April to July 2020 – it doesn’t make sense to us to take unnecessary risks
- We are leaving 1 full day (around 30 hours) between guests for biosecurity reasons, from August 2020 onwards
- We will minimise interactions with guests, but as the flat is ancillary accommodation to our main home, we feel that we should point out that the garden spaces are shared
- We encourage all guests to consider carefully whether to book at this time and make their own risk assessments, e.g. if they have a pre-existing condition or unwell, are old or vulnerable, have been shielding, or perhaps work in a risk sector – we don’t want you to be anxious or ill during your stay
- But neither do we want you to stay if you think this whole pandemic thing is overblown or a hoax!
- We will give a 100% refund to anyone who books with us directly as of August 2020, minus the initial reservation fee, if they wish to cancel, if they can invoke pandemic reasons.
- Our normal policy limits cancellations to 60 days before your stay.
- At the time of writing most bookings April to August have been cancelled or rescheduled
- 50% rescheduled their stay to the autumn or next year (our preferred option)
- 50% asked for refund, those that booked before Feb 2020 we retained £100 (our T&Cs)
- If you wish to postpone or cancel a rescheduled booking, please do get in touch.
Hope that helps.
Contact us at thegardenflatdunbar AT gmail DOT com