Templelands was Margery Clinton’s home for ten years to her death in May 2005. Born 1931, she was a specialist in reduction lustre glazes. She studied at the Glasgow School of Art 1949-53. Her passion for ceramics began in the 60s and she then went on to research reduction lustre glazes at the Royal College of Art in the 70s.
She received a number of architectural commissions later in her life and her work with tiles is regarded as spectacular. Examples of her tiles include the ceramic mural ‘The Physic Garden’ in glazed earthenware for the dining room of Mary Erskine School Edinburgh.